Travis are back :) I'm very glad to say that the guys were their old selves, Andy swaying over his guitar, Fran belting out the vocals and chatting in between songs, Dougie handling the bass as if it was .. well, something else :P, and Neil adding the rock to all of it. Oh, and we pogoed! Aahh, the memories.. <3
I made sure to get to the front even if it meant waiting for over an hour or two in, let's say HEAVY, rain :P But hey, it always rains on me, eyh? ;-) My loving boyfriend also joined me for his first Travis experience (and yeah, he enjoyed it even though he's all heavy metal :P)
They did a great mix of olden golden Travis songs, along with some gems I haven't heard in a while. I managed to get Andy's set list (whee!), and here's the set they played:
Writing to reach you
love will come through
J.Smith (this wasn't played due to the festival being behind schedule I guess)
All I want to do is rock
Loved every bit of it!
- Loved how they exploded into Selfish Jean at the beginning!
- Loved hearing something anything a nice surprise as I thought the set might be “top-hits-only”
- Loved the old classics like Side, Sing and Flowers, as most of the “average-norwegian-Travis-fans” knows these, which means more people are singing along :-)
- Loved All I want to do is rock, a hit also with my metal-loving boyfriend ;-)
- Loved hearing Fran sing my favorites Turn and Driftwood <3
- Loved seeing the guys busking WDIAROM – including Klaus!
The best experience of the day happened earlier though, as I accidentally bumped into the whole band as they entered the festival! I got hold of Fran and got a picture :) It was so nice seeing him again, he's still the sweetest thing. Didn't get a chance to chat with the others cause by the time my "Fran-photo-session" ended, they had already entered the VIP area. It made my day though - bigtime! :)